Friday, February 13, 2009

Author's Day

It was Author's Day at school on Wednesday. This is a yearly event where one or two authors come and talk about their work and their process. This year they had one Author/Illustrator, Elisa Kleven.

I was helping out at the event so first I sat through the 1st/2nd grader presentation. Elisa makes collages out of all sorts of things for her illustrations. She showed some to the original artwork (rough drafts and final) for her books. They were really beautiful and very inspiring.





I was looking forward to seeing the boys reaction to the talk. But the Kindergarten talk was edited down to a half hour to fit the kids attention spans. She mostly talked about her stories while she drew different characters. Not as interesting for me, but then I'm not a Kindergartener. The boys seemed to enjoy it. And they do like her books, a lot.












Posted by Picasa

No comments: