Monday, March 23, 2009

Busy Weekend

The Boys and I had a very busy, cultural, weekend. On Saturday, we joined Auntie Kim and Ben to see Seussical at the Napa Valley College. For what it was, Kim and I thought the production was pretty good. The boys loved it, giving it two thumbs up. Ben gave it 10 thumbs down, but I think that was due to coolness factor more than anything else. He is almost 8 after all.

On Sunday, Euan and the boys joined me on a trip to the DeYoung Museum. At first I wasn't thrilled to have my alone time disrupted but in the end I glad they came. The boys (and Euan too, I think) really enjoyed it.

They particularly liked the Art of the Americas section...


The sculpture garden...

And for some reason, they thought every statue was God and needed to be prayed to...

We also saw the Andy Warhol and Yves St. Laurent exhibits. The boys really like the psychedelic room in the Warhol exhibit (it had a disco ball). And they both took home coloring books of Yves St. Laurent's designs which they got right to work on when we got home.

It was a very nice weekend, indeed.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

mosey (kim) said...

Ha ha! That last photo is similar to this one.

They obviously all get the same idea!

Although you had to give up your alone time, glad you had fun with them. Sophie always gives me a new perspective when I go places like that with her.