Thursday, April 2, 2009

April Fool's Day

With the introduction of school, comes a whole new enthusiasm for holidays that I previously had never given a second thought. For instance, on St. Patrick's Day the kids were sorely disappointed that a leprechaun had not messed up the house or left any gifts (gifts?!?) So I thought I'd try to put some effort into April Fool's Day.
I tried to die the toilet water green. But they just wondered what I'd been using to clean the toilets.
I put gelatin in their dinner milk, which did trick them and I got a, "Good one, Mom."
In honor of April Fool's Day, we had dessert for dinner. Cupcakes that turned out to be mini meatloaves covered in mashed potato. This went over pretty well but I think they would have preferred real cupcakes.

Then I served them the Dinner for Desert portion of the meal that was supposed to be Chicken Pot Pie but was really vanilla pudding with cut up green and orange candies in it. They just thought this was gross and wouldn't even touch it until I pointed out the candies.

So, I think the day was halfway successful, I'm going to have to try harder next year. Aidan did retaliate this morning by switching the Cheezits bag with my cereal.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

mosey (kim) said...

Okay, not only do you cook like a dream (and your kids eat it), but you do fun stuff like this too?

I'm thoroughly disgruntled at how talented you are! What a good mom....